Public Safety has begun a transition to an era of mission-critical mobile intelligence. This mandates the need for smart solutions that capture, analyze and act on an exponentially expanding amount of data. The demand for higher bandwidth is fueling the adoption of LTE in public safety. The wide acceptance of smartphones, dramatic improvements in user experience and access to large app ecosystems have significantly influenced the design and development of PMR terminals that include smartphone features.
Critical communication terminal and network equipment manufacturers are constantly being challenged to offer products with extended life expectancy and long battery life. The products are also required to abide by stringent IP and IK ratings. Due to low demand in volumes, Tier-1 semiconductor companies and terrestrial network providers do not support the requirements in this niche vertical. Therefore, Terminal and Network manufacturers either need to obtain commercial IPs and customize them or develop IPs in-house, manage complex software, and sustain them on general purpose chipsets. The complex requirement of product features is being addressed by integrating right 3rd party solutions and performing extensive testing of the final product to ensure a zero-defect launch.
What we provide
Sasken brings over two decades of expertise in terrestrial communication from ADSL technologies to the latest LTE. We build complete customized solutions on various platforms for PMR terminal manufacturers across the world. Sasken complements public safety terminal and network manufacturers by bringing the critical know-how required to offer significantly evolved user experience and functionality support relevant to several business processes. Sasken offers its solutions and expertise in the end-to-end development of terminals, network software and control room applications in the following areas:
- Technologies: Tetra, DMR, P25, LTE, GMR1, GMR2, BGAN, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS
- Wireless protocol stack development and Enhancement services
- Re-vector 3GPP based protocol stack to public safety standards
- Protocol stack porting, power and memory optimisation, integration and all phases of testing services
- Control Room Applications e.g. Dispatchers, Location based tracking, Remote diagnostics
- HW design, Antenna design, ID & Mechanics, PWB, Component selection and production support
- Maintenance and customer support for both software and hardware services
Sasken offers rich services in:
- Applications: Design and development, Testing of Mobile applications, Enterprise applications, Control Room applications. Applications are built for devices, network nodes, servers and cloud
- Middleware: Sasken Application Framework with features of SMS, Dialer, Contacts, SMS to email, eCompass, Supplementary services applications for public safety handheld phones, and cross platform abstraction layer to support different OS. Android OS services include terminal development with Android framework, porting from one platform to another and upgrading from one version to another.
- Simulators: Wider depth of experience in Design and Development of UE simulators, Network Simulators, Load Test Simulators, End to End test simulators
- Digital IT Services: Application and Data Services, Data and Analytics, Enterprise Mobility, Quality Assurance
Business value delivered
In the past 25 years of its establishment, Sasken has contributed to over 200 R&D projects in the areas of antenna, audio, baseband, RF electronics, electromechanics, and PCB layout design. We have also provided support in production, R&D tester hardware and software design, prototype spin management, and ramp-up. Sasken’s combined expertise in telecommunication and public safety provides a competitive edge to device and network manufacturers.