Home Networking & MSOs
With the growing affordability of smart phones & tablets, consumers want to be able to manage and control digital devices within their homes, from within and outside their home premises.
The innovation in standards for protocols and interfaces have led to newer ways of creating “Smart Homes”. The technological challenges in getting seamless home connectivity and the user experience in a multi-screen scenario, calls for an expert who understand the variants of devices, platforms protocols, interfaces, connectivity, network servers and cloud.
Sasken being a leader in connectivity technologies & multimedia and device platforms provides end to end testing solution for connected home scenarios.
Core Technology Specialization
- STBs/multi-screen device Test Automation and Testing
- Video QOS/QOE Testing
- Testing of Content creation, Transformation and delivery
- Tools Integrations
- Testing digital home/connected home
- Testing of IPTV, Analytics feature sets
- Test automation for VOD Server, Video head-end
- Connectivity Testing like WiFi, M2M
- Testing & Automation in Comcast RDK platform
Success track Record
Android based Smart TV – Complete test ownership
- Tier-1 European Television ODM
- Android based smart TV powered by ARM processor featuring applications like Netflix, VoD, DLNA, Skype etc
- Required end-to-end testing services on applications, middleware, kernel, drivers and even certification
- Testing across layers – applications, middleware and kernel/driver
- Manual as well as automation testing (by developing a framework)
- Sasken’s Automation framework used for automated app testing
- Application Testing – Media playback, Remote Apps, Connectivity Apps
- Middleware Testing – FFMPEG, DLNA, DRM. Testing of multimedia modules (2D/3D) into Google TV framework
- Platform Testing – Kernel & Drivers, BSP, DDs, Camera,
- Compliance & Regulatory Testing
- Sasken expertise across layers & protocols enabled customer to completely offload test activities
Home Automation & A/V Controls Solution
- Enhancing customer’s home automation solution with next gen A/V features such as streaming audio/video, remote firmware update support etc.
- Technical Support in following areas
- Features supported/not supported
- Airplay, Pandora/SiriusXM
- DLNA : File formats supported, play-pause-stop support, JBDirect mode support, Multizone support etc.
- Firmware related
- Customizing Firmware: Adding new modules, Removing non mandatory modules
- Customizing Firmware upgrade feature
- APIs supported and related queries
- Ipod API, Encryption / Decryption APIs
- Performance related issues
- Other queries such UI webpage change, heap reconfiguration etc.
- A North American manufacturer of home automation and audio/video control solutions which creates hardware and software to control disparate home systems