- Smart Devices and Wearables
- Enterprise Grade Devices
- Product Engineering
Venkatesh started his research career at India’s premier research institute TIFR, Bombay, then moved to the Computer Science department of IIT Bombay where he spent 8 years teaching and researching topics in the areas of temporal logic, functional/logic programming, and applications of logic and languages to VLSI design, which resulted in about 50 papers in international conferences and journals in these areas.
He made his transition to the industry when Sasken Technologies Ltd was being formed in 1990, and moved full time to Sasken as Technology head in 1995. He has played various managerial roles at Sasken and is currently a board member & director. Sasken’s primary technology focus is in the area of wireless and broadband communications.
Venkatesh is also currently an adjunct faculty at IIM Bangalore where his interests revolve around telecom technology development, technology management, and applying game theory to strategic thinking in the technology industry.
Venkatesh is a graduate in Electronics from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Madras, a Ph.D in Computer Science from TIFR, Bombay, and is a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineers. Other positions held by Venkatesh are:
- Governing council member, Centre for Excellence in Wireless Technology (CeWiT), IIT Madras.
- Governing council member of the Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS)
- Senate member, IIT Hyderabad
- Member, Sectional committee VI, Indian National Academy of Engineers (INAE) and the INAE forum for microelectronics
- Member, Core group on Convergence, Communications and Broadband Technologies, Min of Comm and IT.
- Member, CII National Committee on Telecom and Broadband