1. Introduction :
Health and safety, also known as occupational safety and health (OSH), is a critical field that protects individuals from hazards and risks in various environments, particularly in the workplace. Health and safety aim to create and maintain safe, healthy environments for people to work and live in by identifying, assessing, and controlling potential hazards and risks. It encompasses a range of areas, including workplace safety, environmental health, occupational health, public health, and product safety.
2. Policy Statement :
- To ensure that a healthy and safe environment is provided for all employees, outsourced personnel, contractors, customers, and visitors.
- To be compliant with all applicable health and safety legal requirements.
- To provide appropriate safety guidelines to the employees to combat emergency situations.
- To maintain emergency, fire protection and security systems and facilities to protect employees, and the properties of Sasken.
- Periodic review of the Sasken’s safety management systems for its adequacy and effectiveness.
Employees of Sasken are one of its greatest assets and protecting the health and ensuring safety of the employees is an integral and fundamental part of Sasken’s culture. Most of our employees work in a low-risk environment and are not exposed to any significant occupational health and safety hazards. However, it is important for Sasken to provide a safe and conducive workplace. As such, Sasken constantly strives to provide and ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all its employees through a suitable management system. The Sasken is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for all outsourced personnel, contractors, customers, and visitors on its premises Policy Statements:
a) Guiding factors for protection and improvement of health of the employees of Sasken
Sasken periodically sensitizes its employees on awareness programs that promote the importance and value of high safety standards and systems. In order to protect and improve the health and well-being of its employees, the Sasken undertakes the following:
- Provide a safe, hygienic, and congenial workplace to all its employees.
- Pre-employment health check-up before the appointment of any candidate to Sasken
- Availability of first aid boxes in all offices of the Sasken
- Availability of Medical room with a doctor wherever Sasken office had critical mass.
- Sasken also has a comprehensive employee health insurance policy, Personal accident policy & Maternity benefit policy for women employees.
- Health check-up camps for all the contract staffs
- Regular safety awareness
- First aid awareness
- Firefighting awareness.
- Emergency evacuation drills
b) Guiding factors for providing and enhancing safety measures at Sasken
Sasken strives to ensure a safe environment and hence, takes the following measures in ensuring highest safety standards:
- Centralized and Portable fire extinguishers of required type and capacity are installed at appropriate places and are examined at regular intervals internally as well as by external agencies.
- Preparation of on-site emergency plans, conducting of periodic fire safety drills and evacuation program and audits as per regulatory requirements.
- Wherever required, Security Supervisor and guards are trained and deployed to ensure the safety of people in the event of fire. Additionally, we have an Emergency Response Team, whose members are trained to guide people to safety in case of emergency.
- Centralized fire alarm system is implemented in facility to ensure that fire emergency is communicated , Door are opened automatically, and employees are guided to moved out and assemble in safe assembly area, till the investigation of the Alarm (reasons) is investigated.
- Electrical appliances and equipment used by the Sasken are quality rated, purchased from reputed suppliers and are tested at regular intervals.
- Dissemination of relevant information to employees relating to general safety, equipment operating safety.
- Sasken has annual maintenance contracts pertaining to various aspects of safety of the premises of Sasken. Sasken on a regular basis sensitizes all employees on prevention of sexual harassment at the workplace through workshops, group meetings, online training modules and awareness programs. Sasken has a policy on prevention, prohibition, and redressal of sexual harassment at the workplace. Members of the Internal Committee constituted by the Sasken are responsible for reporting and conducting inquiries pertaining to such complaints.
- Sasken has an well-structured ERT team as a part of its Business Continuity Plan and made its employees aware of the recommended measures to combat any disaster. • Sasken as well-structured Emergency response team to address and support employee on Health related and Pandemic related issues.
- Sasken as tie up with prominent hospitals to provide emergency support to employees, if need be
c) Responsibility of the employees of Sasken
All employees of Sasken are responsible for their own safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions and to cooperate with the implementation of this policy. Sasken expects its employees to:
- Familiarize themselves with this policy and all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Attend health and safety training programs as and when organized.
- Report all accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, and hazards to the ERT team /via Incident management system.
- Not to interfere, tamper, or misuse any item/equipment provided for health or safety purposes; and
- Stay calm and not panic in the event of any emergency and not to involve themselves in any rumor mongering.
d) Implementation and monitoring
Sasken shall adhere to high standards of health and safety with regard to the implementation of this policy. The Head – Human Resources and Facilities Management shall have overall responsibility for implementing this policy, monitoring, and reviewing the health and safety measures at Sasken , periodically .
e) Policy Review
This Policy may be amended, modified, or supplemented from time to time for conformance to health and safety management systems at Sasken. For further details, write to ESG email@example.com