Customer: A Tier 1 Japanese telecommunication operator
Scope: Plan and implement a cost-effective solution to automate and remotely conduct quality testing of applications for the customer’s branded handsets. This involved working on both Android and iOS as mobile operating systems.
- Developed a test automation framework based on Python and Robot which could remotely access Android and iOS devices, and execute automation scripts for quality testing
- Framework provided a web-based dashboard to enable selection of devices and test cases, scheduling of tests and visualising test reports
- Leveraged Open STF for remotely controlling, debugging and managing devices from the browser. Open STF was also customised to enable support for iOS devices
- Testing cycles were shortened by accelerating delivery of applications on both new and existing devices
- Covered 400 test cases across 100+ applications with multiple scenarios
- The solution was deemed cost-effective compared to pre-existing commercial off-the-shelf variants, and has also been piloted to customer’s network