- Consumer Electronics
- Enterprise Grade Devices
- Product Engineering
Multimedia solutions for Tier-1 OEMs with cross vertical integration
Sasken provides software services to build multimedia solutions and has successfully shipped multimedia IPs to various Tier-1 OEMs on several products globally. As experts in this domain, Sasken understands the interplay of processors, operating systems, peripherals, and complex use cases.
Sasken has provided development services and IP stacks and codecs in building complete solutions. We have a list of codecs optimized for communication infrastructure solutions that include products like media gateways, IP phones and Unified Communication solutions. We enable product designs with standalone encoder/decoder, transcoders and relevant frameworks for unified conferencing.
Sasken enables consumers to connect with technology through intuitive interface designs. We have developed turnkey design solutions across Automotive, Smart Devices and Wearables, and Communication industries. Over the years, we have created User Interface/User Experience design for a wide range of products and services, including mobile phones, media players, televisions, set-top boxes UI, touchscreen interfaces, and automotive infotainment.
- UX consulting services
- Design strategy, survey, contextual queries, persona analysis
- UX design services
- IA, storyboarding, prototypes, wireframes
- Mobile application UX design (iOS, Android, Windows) for smartphones and tablets
- Hybrid and mobile web application UX design
- UX refresh services
- Heuristic assessment and re-design
HMI solution enables end users to access interactive products. Sasken provides unique interactive designs, making the products simple and intuitive. We help customers define the product, identify the needs, build navigation flow/HMIs, and access the usability of the product thereby enabling development and realization of advanced user interfaces. Sasken has provided engineering and creative services to various CE devices, automotive HMI, and telecommunication applications.
We have a team of experienced interaction designers, visual designers, and ethnographers who have extensive experience of working on diverse embedded platforms. From developing innovative HMI designs for infotainment systems and instrument clusters to complex multi-function technologies like touch screen/gesture enabled interfaces.
- UI/UX strategy and innovation
- Creation of information architecture
- Visual design and aesthetics
- Prototyping and usability testing
- UI specifications and release
- Mapping the GUI on the specific hardware
To shorten development cycles and enable customers to provide best-in-class multimedia products to their end users, Sasken offers a comprehensive portfolio of multimedia engines, and multimedia software components. Sasken also licenses basic building blocks/components that enable customers to develop/integrate into their engine.
- Media framework
- Features: Media player, iPod, DLNA, YouTube, multiple input sources etc.
- Video processing and analytics
- Scaling, resizing, interlacing to progressive conversion, video analytics
- Licensed components
- Encoders, decoders and transcoders
- Multimedia enhancement components including video, audio, image and telephony pre and post-processing libraries
- Multimedia management components such as file format parsers and constructors, transport stream support and watermarking
- Comprehensive multimedia framework, DLNA, streaming, iPod manager, etc.
- Multimedia system management components including the host/DSP interface bridge, multimedia application framework and power management
Sasken’s industry leading performance optimized multimedia codec solutions have shipped in millions of phones with all major OEM phones and various other consumer electronics products.
- Audio codecs:
- MPEG-1 Layer 1 & 2, MPEG-2 Layer 3, MPEG-2/4 AAC-LC, MPEG-2/4 AAC+SBR, MPEG-4 AAC+SBR v2, MPEG-4 BSAC, WMA 7/8/9.x, WMA Lossless, WMA10 (Pro), WMA Voice, Dolby AC-3, SBC
- Video Codecs:
- MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@ HL, H.263, MPEG-4 SP, WMV7/8, WMV9 MP, H.263, H.264
- Post Processing (Audio/Speech):
- Speech: G.711, G.723.1, G.726/ADPCM, G.729 A/B, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AMR-WB+, GSM-HR, GSM-FR, GSM-EFR
- Audio: Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Audio Equalization (AEQ) [10band], Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Call Progress Tone Generator, Sample Rate Converter (SRC), Voice Activity Detector (VAD)
- Image Codecs:
- JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF