- About Us
Platform and Application Software
Platform and Application Software
Sasken offers firmware development as a part of the SoC development as well as independent service for semiconductor clients. Our services span across overall system design, BSP/device driver development, middleware/framework development and OS. We also cater to the need of hardware-software integration, validation and test automation, thus encompassing the complete lifecycle of the product or solution.
- Sasken’s multimedia solutions portfolio comprises an entire spectrum of software, frameworks and applications which are available on a range of widely used platforms such as ARM, DSP and FPGA that enable the delivery of rich multimedia content and unparalleled end user experience optimized for today’s chipsets and devices.
- Speech - G.711, G.723.1, G.726/ADPCM, G.729 A/B, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AMR-WB+, GSM-HR, GSM-FR, GSM-EFR
- Video - MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@HL, H.263, MPEG-4 SP, WMV1/8, WMV9 MP, H.263, H.264
- Audio - MPEG-1 Layer 1 & 2, MPEG-1 Layer 3, MPEG-2 / 4 AAC-LC, MPEG-2 / 4AAC+SBR, MPEG-4 AAC + SBR v2, MPEG-4 BSAC, WMA10 (Pro), WMA Voice, Dolby AC-3, SBC
- Image - JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF
- Media Framework - Features: Media player, iPod, DLNA, YouTube, multiple input sources etc.
- Audio post processing - Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Audio Equalization (AEQ) [10band], Automatic Gain Control (AGC), Call Progress Tone Generator, Sample Rate converter (SRC), Voice Activity Detector (VAD)
- Video Processing and Analytics - Scaling, Resizing, Interlace to progressive conversion, video analytics
- Sasken offers migration and porting of operating systems across hardware platforms and middleware frameworks.
- Sasken specializes in wireless protocol stacks and satellite modem protocol stacks.
We provide services on 3GPP wireless protocol stacks, including development, platform Integration, field readiness, maintenance and support. Sasken works on technologies such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE/ WCDMA/HSPA/LTE/TDS-CDMA.
- Sasken offers to cater to the key challenges of system performance, latency issues of application, UI fluidity, connectivity and multimedia issues among others.
- Sasken provides services to add, upgrade or replace the connectivity components of a platform or design. Sasken has expertise in the following connectivity technologies – Bluetooth, WLAN, NFC, GPS and Ethernet AVB.
- Sasken offers this expertise as platform enabler services to various semiconductor, handset, and device OEMs.
- For semiconductor manufacturers, Sasken provides Applications and Framework, Device configuration, Peripheral policy management, Enterprise customization, Mobile device, Test and maintenance.
Scope The chip vendor has a reference design that had to be customized to the needs of STB manufacturer. The solution had to undergo productization to meet the quality criteria for... more
Scope New Smart TV powered by Android operating system on ARM based chipset targeting European market with requirement of features/applications like Netflix, NetTV, IP-EPG, Miracast,... more
Scope Replace Windows on ruggedized handset with Android and ensure commercialization Solution Analysis of OEM hardware design OMAP4 Linux kernel and Android Jelly Bean bring-up HAL... more
Scope Consultation on design approach, certification, production and post production support, using SMSC/Jukeblox platform Solution Design and development of host side software... more
Scope System specification, validation and productization of multimedia subsystem including internet based radio apps for an IVI system across model variants (MY16, MY17 etc.) Solution... more